Those who want to get a dog have several options, one of which is to purchase a puppy. Purchasing a puppy is an exciting time, but it is critical to conduct thorough research to ensure that you purchase a healthy dog that has been raised ethically and supports good practices.
Why Bring a Puppy Home:
- You may also be able to determine the temperament of the dog based on the breed, the nature of the parents, and by asking what measures the breeder has taken to socialise the dog.
- You can learn more about the puppy’s physical and emotional history than you would about an adult rescue dog.
- When you buy a puppy, you are most likely purchasing a pedigree dog.
- You can obtain the puppy’s complete medical history at a dog shop in kolkata.
- By selecting a specific pedigree from a breeder, you will be able to better predict the size and appearance of your new pet.
To find a reputable breeder, conduct extensive research and avoid purchasing puppies from road shows, try to contact a good dog shop in kolkata. You can inquire with your veterinarian about local breeders.
The likely lifetime cost of owning a dog, including food, toys, and veterinary care, varies according to the dog’s size, breed, and lifespan. Food, collar, tag, lead, toys, and bedding are all necessary dog care items, as is routine veterinary care.
Before Getting A Dog, Look Into The Adoption Fees:
If you decide to adopt a dog, the adoption fee may include a full veterinary and behavioural evaluation, a collar, initial vaccinations, an identification tag, and a lead. In most cases, your dog will also have been neutered or will have an appointment to be neutered. These fees are significantly lower than what you would pay if you bought a dog elsewhere.
When purchasing a puppy, you should insist on seeing the puppy interact with its mother and littermates in the location where it was bred and raised:
Anyone looking for a new puppy in Kolkata must now buy directly from a breeder or dog shop near me or consider adopting from a rescue centre. When visiting a breeder, look for signs that the puppy was raised there and make sure the litter is alert and healthy. Under supervision, you should be able to freely handle the puppies. Make sure to come back more than once. When you bring your puppy home, he or she should be at least 8 weeks old.